Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pregnant Thoughts

Last night our women's bible study topic was motherhood (from the wisdom of Proverbs). Which got me thinkin'... That pregnancy prepares you for motherhood not only physically, but also mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I am preparing to "give up" my life, but some days I think I may still be too selfish. I'm a thinker and a planner and I like to be in control (ya'll know how bossy I am). But now, especially with my belly being as large as it is, I am no longer in control of my body. From how fast I can walk to the fat spreading from my butt to my thighs to sometimes not being able to breathe or eat because I simply don't have the room... I am learning to give it up. And we're so excited too! Sean (yes, we've really decided on that name) likes to kick and now his kicks are so strong sometimes I worry that he might hurt himself. He also likes to do somersaults and turn around. We love him so much already and he's not even here yet. But I can't wait. I can't wait to smell him and kiss him and just look at him. I guess that I'm trying to tell my girlfriends that in our looks-obsessed society pregnancy can be tough. We're not going to look like Heidi Klum during pregnancy, but we're having a baby. And that's the most important part.

No comments: