Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Baby Sean's First Week at Home



We survived the first week at home with Baby Sean. It was (and still is) really tough getting used to the sleep deprivation. Sean gets up every 1-2 hours at night to nurse or because he needs a diaper change. Before you have a baby, you hear people talk about sleepless nights, but it's nothing like experiencing it for yourself. Of course, we've taken almost a hundred pictures of him during this week. Typical new parents behavior, right? I know you're thinking that Sean is really advanced for a week-old-baby if he's already smiling, but actually that pic was taken after he had nursed and was sleeping already. I just love that smile! For some more pics...
Sean's First Week @ Home

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys have taken more pics of this kid in a week than I have taken of Quentin in his 6 months of life! LOL!
He is a cutie pie and I can certainly understand your desire to capture every moment! Can't wait to meet him in person!!!!

Charisse said...

Actually, that is only a fraction of the pics we have taken... Yeah, we're crazy about him!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! When you have more time (ha!) I need to hear all about childbirth. I am getting more and more nervous. Your son is just adorable...he looks a lot like you. Hopefully the sleep deprivation will get better :)

Anonymous said...

I know this sounds weird, but I remember when my nephew was first born and I was holding him, he smiled whenever he passed gas on me =P Gross, but cute. I really love that smiling picture of Sean and the head full of hair :o)

Kieu