I read on different blogs earlier this week about how Babies 'R Us is taking back BPA bottles like Avent and Dr. Browns. I didn't find anything official from Babies 'R Us, only word-of-mouth from different blogs. We don't really have very many bottles, but since Sean turned one I rounded them up and didn't known what to do with them. I didn't want to use them for the future babies because of concerns with BPA, and I'm glad I kept them instead of throwing them out.
First I went to the Toys 'R Us near the medical center. They said that since these bottles are not officially recalled, they are not taking them back. Undeterred, I called the Babies 'R Us in Sugar Land and spoke to a manager to get the official story. Yes, they are taking BPA bottles back without a receipt. You can exchange the bottles for a equivalent dollar amount in other bottles. However, if you return more bottles than you buy, you will not receive a store credit or gift card. You just lose that amount.
So today, Sean and I went to return his old bottles. What did we get in exchange? The Adiri Natural Nurser. They look like they're easy to use because there's only three parts and it's all dishwasher safe (top rack, of course). Sean doesn't use bottles anymore, but I think it'll be good for his future siblings. (Whoa. Hold on, there. No, we're not pregnant.) With all this daycare hoopla over milk, I actually bought another kind of bottle too. It's called WeeGo glass baby bottle. Sean just played with it but didn't want to drink anything out of it. Another one to go in the box for future babies...
No comments:
Post a Comment