Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sean's First Sunday School

Today we finally got Sean into Sunday School. We've been in the foyer or the back of the church so Sean can run around and not bother (too) many people. But a couple of weeks ago we decided to finally give Sunday School a try. It was a beautiful day, so the class was outside at the playground. Sean saw them and didn't need any convincing to go out too. Matthew and I actually got to sing (well, lip synch for me since I've had this horrible cough) and focus on the sermon. There were two couples in front of us that had toddlers so we would sometimes watch them and miss Sean. But those babies were content to sit/stand in one spot, which wouldn't work for our Sean. But our pager didn't go off and Sean had fun.

Slowly we are becoming more scheduled parents... It's a good thing.

3 comments:

Rob said...

Hi Charisse,

This is your cuz-in-law Rob :) (Did I just make up a phrase?)

How are you guys?

Guess it will be interesting if Sean wants to go back next Sunday...and if you guys want him to go back (since you said you missed him).

Greetz from Chicago!

P.S. Is it OK if we put a link to your blog on ours?

Rob

Charisse said...

Hi, Kuya Rob:

Yeah, I've been thinking about if we can get Sean to go to Sunday School again. This week he has started transitioning to the next class, so he's been missing us a little more than usual. There have been some tears this week, so I'm not sure if he'll be okay on sunday.

As for linking our blogs, we would be honored! ;)

Charisse

Rob said...

Hi Charisse,

I'm always of the mindset that if you don't mind keeping your kid with you and the kid is not that excited to go, then don't send him. There'll be plenty of days ahead when he'll want to go off on his own :)

Mil and I remember dropping off Alyssa when she was 2 at this full-time Montessori school...and she was wailing and screaming. At the time, we thought it was just a normal rite of passage but in hindsight, if she wanted to be with her parents and didn't want to feel "abandoned", why subject her to that if it's not necessary?

Rob

P.S. Linked you up!