After all the excitement of the boys' birthday party this weekend, I wanted to stop and just savor them as they are today. Seems like with all the hustle-and-bustle of our everyday lives, I sometimes wish that Jack would start walking or Sean would be a little more independent. But tonight after Jack fell asleep in my arms, I studied him for a long time. I tried to etch every detail of his sleeping face into my memory. His chubby cheeks. The little roll of fat around his wrists. Each dimpled knuckle. I love his little thunder thighs! Soon he will be a toddler and I'll be running around after him, but right now he's my baby and loves me more than anything else in this world. Even Sean thinks we are the coolest people on the planet. And I know that won't last forever!
So I just wanted to stop the march of time for a few minutes and hold my babies. Just as they are, right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment