Tonight's lesson left me with two questions:
1. What is my calling?
2. What is my biggest fear?
As far as my calling goes, I have no idea what it is. I was thinking that every person wears different hats: wife, mother, sister, daughter, co-worker, friend, etc. With each hat we have different responsibilities and desires. Maybe each hat is a little ministry? A mini-ministry? But as for just one calling, I don't really know what it is. I just hope to keep myself pliable and keep an eye out for any spiritual "nudges."
What is my biggest fear? I would have to say that it involves family members and I'm sure you can guess what it is. I don't even want to think or talk about it. Our biggest fear is our Achilles' heel to the Enemy. (Not that he can have power over us, but this weakness can be a big distraction.) This fear can keep us from our work, our testimony, and our ministry - our very lives. Then we will be ineffective for God's kingdom at the least, and at the worst do harm to the people we love the most. We have to be courageous and face our fears.
What is the most frequent command in the Bible? Tonight we learned that it is, "Do not be afraid." I've never thought about how much fear permeates our lives from the cradle to the grave. Fear of being alone, fear of looking like an idiot, fear of failure, fear of not having enough money, fear of losing someone... What would it be like to live without these fears? I remind myself constantly that the Lord will provide for us. He has blessed us so much already and I shouldn't worry. Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? (Mt 6:27)
No comments:
Post a Comment