Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Book of Esther - Week 6

Timing is everything. Is this the right time for _____________? I could fill in the blank with any of a number of things occupying my mind of late. The most recent example is work. My second pharmacy exam is scheduled for next week. Once I pass that, I will be ready for dispensing action! My school loans payments will start in a couple of months and that's a lotta money! (As opposed to lotto money, which I don't have any of that either.) Not that we couldn't use the extra cash around the house... On the other hand, there's Sean.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't know that I would enjoy motherhood so much. Yes, it was really hard the first month with the sleep deprivation and getting used to nursing, but we've past that now. Sean is full of smiles and sounds and all of it fills my heart with joy. I mean, have you seen the tickle video? I'm not saying that it's a piece of cake now, but when Sean smiles or laughs... There are just no words. I am nervous about leaving him in the care of strangers; although I know I will have to do it eventually.

So I suppose this question is what every working mother faces. But I wasn't going face it quite yet since I'm still not licensed. However, last week a pharmacy recruiter called and offered me a job. What timing! I've been telling my friends that I haven't even been praying for a job yet because I'm not ready to take one. Your Father knows what you need before you ask him. (Mt 6:8) So I've been praying for God's guidance in this situation. I want to do what's right for our family and our finances.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about the work thing. It was very sad for me to go back to work, but this is week 5 (yikes!) and we are all surviving. I definitely get less sleep, but it is worth it to play with Gianna in the morning before I drop her off at daycare. It helps that we really love our daycare. It is at our church which makes me feel a little less wary. Anyway, I promise to call soon and we can chat about all of this!