I finally found a growth chart for breastfed babies. On this chart Sean's weight (~9.6 kilograms) is in the 50th percentile. The World Health Organization released these growth charts in April 2006, and I found them on The Massachusetts Breastfeeding Coalition's website. And here is the link directly to the WHO website. What a relief! I don't think Sean is considered skinny by anyone's definition and using the CDC growth charts was like comparing apples to oranges (weight-wise). I think I will have to bring some of these charts to our pediatrician next time so other parents won't be unnecessarily worried too.
Friday, May 23, 2008
I Feel Vindicated!
I finally found a growth chart for breastfed babies. On this chart Sean's weight (~9.6 kilograms) is in the 50th percentile. The World Health Organization released these growth charts in April 2006, and I found them on The Massachusetts Breastfeeding Coalition's website. And here is the link directly to the WHO website. What a relief! I don't think Sean is considered skinny by anyone's definition and using the CDC growth charts was like comparing apples to oranges (weight-wise). I think I will have to bring some of these charts to our pediatrician next time so other parents won't be unnecessarily worried too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment